Immaculate Spitfire MK3 – BRG
This is a beautiful example of Triumph’s prettiest and quickest Spitfire, the Mk3.
This immaculate vehicle has completed just 500 dry miles since a professional, full, body-off and bare metal restoration in 2008.
A very original 1972 Spitfire with only minor enhancements, and the fantastic quality British Racing Green paint only serves to enhance the curves and waist of this lovely car. The finish of the engine bay matches the quality of the exterior.
In 2008 the owner invested more than £15,000 with us in:
- Extensive panel work – all rot and rust removed.
- A new bonnet assembly.
- Straight panels and perfect body gaps
- Chassis repaired, blasted and sealed.
- New suspension components and bushes throughout.
- A full rebuild of the original engine, including unleaded head.
- Rebuilt gearbox and reconditioned drive train.
- High quality re-paint outside and inside.
- Rust protection, stonechip and underseal on underside.
- Perfect chrome work.
- New interior with restored seats, new carpets and door cards.
- New wiring loom.
- Stainless steel exhaust system.
For pictures of the restoration see here :