Spitfire Race Car
Spitfire Mk IV, 1300, 130 (yes, 130) bhp.
This car has race winning history – it won the 750MC championship in 1997 in the hands of Kevin Ginger.
We’ve recently helped to recommission it as a CSCC Swinging 60s eligible race car by:
- Stripping and reconditioning the chassis and suspension.
- Modifying the bodywork, including the lower front corners and extending the wheel arches.
- Modifying and fitting our exclusive front spoiler to improve performance (built in house, here at Yorkshire Triumphs)
- Preparing and re-spraying in Gulf Racing colours.
- Engine features:
– +60 overbore, forged pistons, peened and balanced conrods
– Balanced and tuftrided crank, indexed racing clutch
– 264 profile full race cam
– Highly developed head with custom valves
– Twin D’ellorto DHLA40E carbs
– Baffled sump, high output oil pump